Author Topic: Hey Y'all!  (Read 80 times)

JeffK813

• Rocket Renderer
    • View Profile
Hey Y'all!
« on: August 17, 2017, 11:42:12 AM »
So I finally made my way here to the forums. Really enjoy the podcast and love listening on my daily commute. A typical (atypical?) BAR, I've been in and out of the hobby for the last 30+ years, but really got in full-speed when my youngest (15) started getting involved.

Recently (last weekend) was finally able to join MTMA at the launch and had the pleasure of meeting Gheem in person. He was nice enough to lend me a motor adapter so I could fly my shiny new Goblin on an 18mm motor so that I had at least a chance of getting it back in the 10 MPH gusting winds. On a C6-6 with the stock twin streamer, she got up a couple hundred feet, and landed only about 20 feet from the pad. All in all we (me, my wife and Chris, our 15-year old) had a great time at the field.

Gheem is indeed a true gentleman and all-around good guy, as were all the MTMA members we met. I look forward to having some great discussions on rocketry as well as being able to help share the knowledge I've gained over the last few decades. I also look forward to the next episodes of the podcast to hear what y'all are up to.

-Jeff

rocketaholic

• View Profile
    • Gorge Rocket Club
Re: Hey Y'all!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Jeff,

Sounds like you had a great time.  I think the group that operate The Rocketry Show Pod Cast are terrific.

I was lucky enough to meet CG and n00b at NARCON 2017 and it was great.

I hope you have more wonderful experiences there with the club.

:-)