Author Topic: An interview with Francis G Graham would be very interesting  (Read 348 times)

rocketaholic

• View Profile
    • Gorge Rocket Club
An interview with Francis G Graham would be very interesting
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »
I ran across several articles from the Pittsburgh Space Command newsletters which I found interesting.  They were titled "Rockets Beyond Strange" by Mr. Francis G. Graham.

http://www.tripoli.org/History

He is writing a book that I hope will soon be released with the same title.  He wrote a book as while back in 1999 about Mono-copters that can still be purchased from Apogee Components.

Mr Graham is also one of the original founders of the Tripoli Rocket Organization.  If you could get in touch with him and see if he would be up for an interview, I am sure he would have a wealth of interesting information.

I was lucky to be able to get in touch with him at his college email address: fgraham@ccac.edu and I had the privilege of a response by him about the subjects that will be covered in his new up and coming book.

Below are the tentative subjects to be covered in the book:

Chap. 1  Aplanocopters

Chap. 2  Monocopters

Chap. 3  Caudipetors

Chap. 4  Rockets that Consume Themselves

Chap. 5  Totally Tubular

Chap. 6  Rocket Cyclogyros

Chap. 7  Cone Rockets

Chap. 8  Kenneth's Fabulously Freaky Fleet

Chap. 9  A Muse Myself

Chap. 10  Rockets that Screw Up

Chap. 11  My Spoolish Heart

Chap. 12  Dynamosequential Staging

Chap. 13  Natural Rocket Engines

Chap. 14  Missile-aneous

Chap. 15 How to Design Rockets Like Crazy

Writing In progress

R/S
http://rialtech.com/HowTos/GM/ken/triproot1.html
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:22:51 PM by rocketaholic »

cgould

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CPG Aeronautics
Re: An interview with Francis G Graham would be very interesting
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:00:37 PM »
Thanks!

rocketaholic

• View Profile
    • Gorge Rocket Club
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »
Francis G Graham lives in East Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and works at Kent State.

fgraham@ccac.edu

He is recovering from a recent vehicle accident and is planning on launching a real Loki Dart into the mesosphere at Black Rock,  once back in full operation from the accident.

http://buhlplanetarium2.tripod.com/weblog/spacewatchtower/fgg/ 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:29:06 PM by rocketaholic »

rocketaholic

• View Profile
    • Gorge Rocket Club
Archive database in the works for Tripoli
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 12:44:27 PM »
There should be an archive database for the rocket enthusiast of paying member (either NAR or Tripoli)
Since it appears that a lot of things are going digital and not hardcopy, it would be a great thing to have an archive.
I will be working to help Tripoli get an archive going for their paying members. 
The organization has been producing great articles since the 60s (168 magazine issues at the 2001 mark).  Attached is just a preview.

rocketaholic

• View Profile
    • Gorge Rocket Club
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 12:49:12 PM »
One article I found interesting was in 1998.  It was about the January 1997 Delta rocket accident.  My brother in law was working at that base during this time so I found it extremely interesting.  Tha magazine issue didn't really get published until the year 2000.  The magazine was primarily about safety, and it covered a great in-depth two-part article about the PEPCON 1988 explosion in Henderson Nevada. It gives a great background as to why the PEPCON accident occurred and how it affected us the hobby enthusiast.